The first 300,000 doses of AstraZeneca arrived in Sydney on Sunday 28th February. The vaccines need batch checking prior to delivery to the ACT.
COVID-19 vaccines will be provided free of charge, with no cost for the vaccine or the consultation.
Government roll-out strategy progress:
Phase1a hospital based, commenced Feb 22:
- Quarantine and border workers
- Prioritised health care workers, e.g., at COVID testing clinics (some of our team were very excited to receive the vaccine last week)
- Aged care and disability care staff.
- Aged care and disability care residents.
Phase1b available from YourGP, commences early/mid March:
- Adults 70+ years (80+ years may be prioritised first)
- Healthcare workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 55+ years
- Younger adults with specific medical conditions and disabilities
- Critical and high-risk workers, e.g., defence, police, fire and emergency services
Phase 2a available from YourGP:
- Adults aged 50+ years.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 18+ years
- Other critical and high-risk workers (to be specified)
Phase 2b available from YourGP:
- Adults 18+ years
- Children < 18